Las islas son el sitio ideal para realizar diferentes excursiones ya que cuentan con senderos claramente señalados desde donde las personas podrán recorrer y admirar la belleza de las mismas. En las diferentes caminatas se puede observar gran variedad de flora y fauna del lugar como: palo santo (tallo de palo de incienso), piqueros de patas azules con sus crías o realizando sus rituales de apareamiento, así como también fragatas con sus enormes bolsas rojas colgando de sus cuellos, grandes leones marinos o grandes colonias de aves.
Diving in the Galapagos Islands is an activity that should not be taken lightly, underwater wonders often divert attention from important factors such as strong ocean currents, and large lava bumps, which make some places dangerous places for diving
But despite this in the Archipelago you can find around 30 points to dive like Floreana, Seymour, Santiago, etc. But the ideal place to dive with hammerhead sharks, manta rays, sea turtles and thousands of fish is Gordon Rocks located northwest of Santa Cruz Island with strong current and waves which favors the practice of this activity. Among the different species that we can find:
They constitute a variety of groups such as sponges, stars, cucumbers, urchins, mollusks. In the Galapagos Islands you can find amazing and incredible invertebrates under the sea, in fact there are: 24 species of sea urchins, 28 species of starfish, 30 species of sea cucumbers, approximately 600 species of molluscs, and more than 100 species of crabs. The colors and shapes of them make the visitor’s unique experience
Dazzling marine animals that are an essential element because they form structures of calcium carbonate obtaining reefs in the tropical seas. They are concentrated in some areas such as Darwin Island and Wolfislands where their waters are warmer.
Due to the extreme fragility of the Galapagos Islans, some procedures must be followed in our maritime or air way. The baggage must be examined by a specialized team in the AGROCALIDAD facilities of SICGAL (Inspection and Quarantine System for Galapagos), which prevents the entry of exotic species that could represent a danger, both for native and endemic diversity.
On the other hand, it is important to know that the INGALA (Transit Control card) must be purchased, which is valued at $ 20 per person, children under 2 years old do not cancel this value.
Only cash payment for the Galapagos National Park Entrance
Foreign tourists from 12 years old and up
Foreign tourists under 12 years old or seniors
|MERCOSUR countries or the Andean Community of Nations, 12 years of age and older|| |
|MERCOSUR or CAN countries, children under 12 years old or elderly|| |
|Ecuadorians or foreigners residing in Ecuador, 12 years and older|| |
|Ecuadorians or foreigners residing in Ecuador, under 12 years old or over|| |
Foreigners, foreign students not resident in Ecuador who are enrolled in national educational institutions.
• Member States of MESCOSUR: Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela.
• Member States of the CAN: Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru.
 Parque Nacional Galápagos, recuperado de http://www.galapagos.gob.ec/tributo-de-ingreso/
In the Archipelago there are two main stations that have an effect on the activity of the vegetation and fauna of the place.
These are: From December to May known as the hot-humid season, usually the sky is clear, with little rain and the sea is calmer; From June to December known as the cold-dry season at this time the air is colder, the skies are partly cloudy, the rains are light and the sea is often very brave. However, wildlife, especially the marina, is at its best. So it is perfect for diving and snorkeling.
•The fruits and seeds entry into the Galapagos is not allowed. There are at the departure and arrival control at the airport.
• No animal, plant or mineral can be removed from the islands, all must be left in the place where they are found.
•Be careful not to transport any live material from the islands. Each one has its unique fauna and flora and the presence of strange elements to the place can quickly destroy its balance.
• In the National Park areas, visitors must be guided by authorized naturalist guides.
• Do not throw garbage anywhere in the sea or on the islands.
• You cannot touch the animals of the place, all require a certain distance for the development of their natural behavior.
• Do not feed the animals. This can be dangerous for you and will also affect the social environment and the natural behavior of the animals.
• It is important to make the tours along the marked trails, so as not to damage the vegetation or to wear down the soil.
• Smoking is not allowed in the National Park, only in the designated areas.
• Please do not buy any souvenir made with native Galápagos products, (except wood) as this encourages the exploitation of these resources. Especially not to buy sea lion teeth, black corals, turtles / shell turtles and shells.
The time zone in the Galapagos Island is one hour less than in other parts in Ecuador.
Each passenger can carry up to 20 kg (44 lbs) separate hand luggage
• Lightweight casual clothing, comfortable to wear and walk
• Comfortable shoes
• Sandals with sturdy straps, no flip flops
• A windbreaker or rain jacket
• T-shirts or short-sleeved shirts, light pants and shorts, lightweight cotton socks.
• 2 or more swimsuits.
• An extra towel for the beach
• Handkerchief to cover the back of the neck of the sun's rays.
• Sunscreen (SPF30 or higher).
• Moisturizing creams.
• Insect repellent (mosquitoes do not have malaria).
• Personal repair kit.
• Personal medication. (if necessary)
• Multipurpose Zip-lock bags (they are so useful)
• Containers to carry water, if it is better reusable
• Small backpack (to carry water and personal things)
• Camera, laptop or tablet computer, extra memory and charger or batteries
The following plugs are available for some cruises, ships and hotels in Ecuador: type A plugs with two parallel metal flat plugs and type B plugs with three plugs, two parallel metal plates and the third round plug with ground connection with 120V 220V and 60 Hz.